Published in DEAD INSIDE DON’T OPEN
- February 15, 2017
DEAD INSIDE DON’T OPEN
With this message, Flemish bloggers were presented a very creepy and mysterious box. Luckily, they all had the guts to open the box, only to find more creepy stuff…
These special boxes announced the release of the new episodes of season 7 of The Walking Dead on FOX.
We’re not sure if it’s the most bloody drama on air, but we do know it’s the most popular one! It reigns as television’s most watched drama for adults between 18 and 49 years old, and has done so consecutively for the last four years.
The bloggers could channel their inner sinister side with all the macabre goodies they received, but what was exactly in the boxes?
- Lifelike scary zombietattoos of Mon Tattoo
- Bloodcapsules to fake your own horrible zombie encounter gone wrong
- An information card with more info about launch date and call to action for sharing on social media
- The real eye catcher however was the cut off finger in each box! This disturbing object was skillfully created by one of our clients: master chocolatier Marijn Coertjens. He used marzipan to mimic a real finger (he used his own finger as an example and wow, what a result!). The finger was perfectly edible (and yummy), although we wonder if anyone actually dared to have a bite!
- This all was topped with a lot of (fake) blood drops and smears on the inside and outside of the package
We had a lot of fun making the boxes and enjoyed viewing the reactions of the bloggers, who had a blast opening theirs.
Although some of them were a bit creeped out, it was an ideal start for the new exciting episodes that are aired on FOX (every Monday at 22.30h)!
Walkie Talkie ♥ Chocolate ♥ Marijn Coertjens
Luxurious chocolates, who doesn’t love them? We know we do! We are very happy to announce that master chocolatier Marijn Coertjens will open his very own chocolate boutique in the heart of Ghent.
Although it’s his first shop, Marijn has already got a lot of experience. He was head of the chocolate department in one of the most luxurious hotels in Hong Kong for 5 years. That shouldn’t come as a surprise because he’s one of Belgium’s finest! With his art pieces in chocolate he not only won national championships, but even internationally he won several highly acclaimed prizes.
And now for the real deal, what delicious treats does he have in store for us? Well, there’ll be delicious pastry and luxury cakes but above all chocolate! Each praline will come with its own story and surprising taste. Sacrificially as we are, the Walkie Talkie team already pretested a few of the sweets. We started with the “Tiger”, due to its delightsome Indian Chai tea flavour and covered with a velvety tiger print, we were immediately teleported to the Indian subcontinent. For a brief moment though, because when we opened our eyes we already had other great pralines to taste (you also must try the mysterious “Macaw” and the powerful “Rum of the Caribbean”).
If you want to try for yourself and admire the fabulous counter filled with numerous colourful sweets, just hop in! On the corner with the Burgstraat and Peperstraat you’ll find a magnificent medieval house with purple canopies. It’s here that Marijn and his wife Christa will spoil you with their creations. You even can see them working in their atelier behind a glass wall!
And in the meantime follow Marijn on Facebook and Instagram!