In 2014 and 2016, kids took over our beautiful city, Ghent, during WILDEMANNEN WOESTEWIJVEN, a free festival for children between ages 3 and 12. The festival had one simple rule: the kids are in charge! On the 1st and 2nd of October, kids took over the city (quite literally) and participated in all kinds of musical/theatrical activities and performances together with their (grand)parents and friends.
Coverage before, during & after
For both editions, Walkie Talkie provided all the online and offline press and blogger relations for WILDEMANNEN WOESTEWIJVEN. Press releases about the festival were sent out to national and regional press and bloggers, which also got an extensive follow-up. The success of the festival was clear through journalist’s enthusiasm and wide media coverage before, during and after the event.
- Develop a nationwide PR-plan
- Press, blogger & influencer relations
- Copywriting & editing of press release
- Raise visibility and ensure media coverage
- Community building with bloggers and influencers
- Organize interviews & media attention on D-Day