The information stored in our cookies does not directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
GROHE: shower habits and tap water facts
GROHE is the leading global brand for complete bathroom solutions and innovative kitchen fittings. It pursues the brand values of technology, quality, design and sustainability, seeking to shape the future of water in their quest to the “Pure joy of water”. Innovation, design and development are closely aligned with one another. In the last ten years alone, GROHE has received over 300 design and innovation awards, confirming the success of the brand.
Following a similar survey in 2018, which was very well picked up by the Belgian press, we teamed up again with research agency iVOX to start a survey among the Belgian population. The survey approach: shower habits and tap water facts. iVOX asked 1,000 Belgians between the ages of 18 and 79 what their bathroom habits are, what their water bill looks like and looked at their water consumption.
The results? Some surprising figures and interesting facts about the water consumption of Belgians which we split up and sent out in two separate press releases at different times of the year.
- 1 in 2 Belgians do a small daily wash at the bathroom sink. We mainly wash our faces, armpits and hands. The intimate areas are refreshed almost daily by 77% of Belgians.
- Belgians shower for an average of ten minutes.
- On average, 3 out of 10 take a shower for five minutes or less.
- 1 in 2 Belgians drink little or never tap water.
- 50% of Belgians find it embarrassing to serve tap water.
- barely half of Belgians know that tap water is generally healthier than bottled water.
The aim of this survey was to ensure a widespread media coverage by reaching both national lifestyle press and regional press. We created this news because these magazines or newspapers are not always a feasible target for GROHE’s products, as the target group is rather design and trade press. We were more than happy that newspapers, lifestyle magazines as well as design magazines communicated the results of the survey.
- Develop a new PR hook to ensure widespread media coverage in Belgium.
- Copywriting of press releases.
- Position GROHE as a true water specialist in any field across Belgium
- Calculation of PR-values