The information stored in our cookies does not directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
1UP Game Conference & Expo is an annual event in Kortrijk (Belgium). The convention consists of three parts:
- The 1UP Conference brings key industry speakers to Belgium for local developers and students to learn from. The talks range from game design over audio, engines, publishing, marketing and more.
- At 1UP Expo, a two day exhibition, gamers of all ages can play the latest games, discover upcoming titles, compete in Esports tournaments and immerse themselves into virtual worlds.
- This is topped off by the Belgian Game Awards, an award show showcasing Belgium’s greatest talent in the gaming industry.
For its second edition, 1UP once again counted on Walkie Talkie to build awareness leading up to the event, and ensure broad press coverage in both national and regional press.
Leverage expo and conference
By pitching several tailor made storylines to individual journalists, we not only ensured broad coverage in all relevant media outlets, but also made sure the event was covered from many different angles. Putting the myriad of interesting local and international stories to good use, as well as using the Belgian Game Awards as a hook, the total coverage surrounding 1UP generated over €500.000 in ad value, adding up to a four-digit ROI.
- Copywriting & editing of press releases
- Create awareness around 1UP
- Introduce 1UP to a broad range of both local and national media
- Develop interesting PR hooks covering both facets of the event