Havana Club x Daily Paper
Havana Club International was created in 1993 as joint venture by the Cuban company Cuba Ron and the French group Pernod Ricard. Together, they made the brand known worldwide and are currently distributing the products of Havana Club in more than 120 countries.
In 2018, Belgium was the first market where Havana Club was rebranded with a more urban vibe to match their rejuvenated image. In order to further support this they teamed up with Daily Paper, a renowned streetwear label from Amsterdam, launching a limited capsule collection. For this Walkie Talkie was assigned to generate the necessary (online) visibility.
The exclusive Havana Club x Daily Paper collection dropped with a one-of-a-kind launch party at Plein Publiek in Antwerp. For this Walkie Talkie organised a photoshoot – in collaboration with Enfnts Terribles, Victor Pattyn & 6 key-influencers – showcasing the different items that made up the collection. These pictures were later used by all parties involved to announce the collab. Further we also foresaw the send out of unique seeding-kits with a limited edition Havana Club 7 años bottle.
The influencer campaign, press release & launch party resulted in a strong presence through social media and (online) press clippings in relevant urban and fashion media.
- Introduce the collaboration between Havana Club and Daily Paper to both offline and online media
- Copywriting & editing of the press release
- Development and implementation of a seeding strategie and community building
- Seed the collection to selected influencers and key trendsetters
- Invite key-influencers to the launch party to create awareness throughout the target group
- Collaborate with the fitting creative agency to create a unified campaign on social media
- Develop and create PR hooks around the rebranding of Havana Club